The Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO zoom lens (Model A09NII) is a lightweight and compact standard zoom lens for Nikon and compatible with 35mm full-size SLR cameras featuring a fast maximum aperture of F/2.8 that is constant over the entire zoom range. The lens enables the user to enjoy the creative world of SLR photography by boldly exploiting attractive out-of-focus effects peculiar to the fast maximum aperture in portraiture or using high shutter speeds.
1. Lightweight, fast standard zoom lens featuring Tamron’s proprietary XR technology
The optical system designed to optimize the power distribution within the system by the innovative employment of XR (high refractive index) glass elements has realized the compactness while effectively compensating for various aberrations. Four hybrid aspherical elements placed at ideal positions ensure high depictive performance while contributing to downsizing the overall length. In addition, three LD (low dispersion) glass elements deliver high quality images.
2. Minimum focus distance of 0.33m over the entire zoom range for 1:3.9 maximum magnification
The SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di sports the minimum focus distance of 0.33m over the entire zoom range, the closest distance among fast standard zoom lenses in the class. With Tamron’s conventional SP AF28-105mm F/2.8 zoom lens, the minimum focus distance changes (0.5m at 28mm/105mm but 0.44m in the 70-85mm range). However, the SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di retains the minimum focus distance of 0.33m over the entire zoom range thanks to improvements in its optical and mechanical designs. The maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.9 at the 75mm tele end enables you to enjoy close-up photography easily.
3. Mechanical design improvements for downsizing the maximum diameter while minimizing changes in zooming torque
By the employment of various improvements in its mechanical design, Tamron has successfully packed the complicated lens configuration into a compact body for downsizing the maximum diameter of the lens. In addition, the improved mechanical construction minimizes changes in zooming torque for enhancing operational ease. Hidden improvements are also made from the perspective of manufacturing engineering to enhance the accuracy of parts, realizing the light weight and increasing durability.
4. Zoom lock mechanism for convenience in carrying the outfit
The lens has a built-in zoom lock mechanism to prevent sliding fall of its barrel when the outfit is carried around.
5. Flower-shaped lens hood as a standard accessory
The lens is supplied with a flower-shaped lens hood as a standard accessory designed to efficiently cut harmful light entering from angles other than intended angles at four corners of the frame in order to ensure clear descriptive performance.
6. Form and texture appealing "high performance and the feel of high accuracy" worthy for the name "SP" – Outer design matching the new generation lens
1) Two gold-colored metal rings are placed at a key portion of the lens in order to enhance the visibility of the symbol of Tamron’s "SP" series.
2) The rubber pattern of the zoom and focus control rings has been changed to a pattern that is denser than the conventional rubber pattern, for better feel and touch in manipulating the lens.
3) Typefaces on the lens have been changed for better visibility.
4) Delicate matt-finish painting is added to the black painting over the lens barrel in order to enhance high quality image.