Canon has launched the Canon EOS 50D , an updated versions of the EOS 40D. The EOS 50D features a 15.1-megapixel CMOS APS-C size image sensor that uses newly designed gapless microlenses over each pixel to reduce noise and expand sensitivity up to ISO 12800. The EOS 50D also features a faster DIGIC 4 processor allowing 6.3 fps continuous shooting capability, 3.0 inch VGA Clear View LCD monitor (920,000 dots) with enhanced Live View that includes face detection and 3 AF modes. A HDMI connection for high Quality Image viewing is included.
The EOS 50D also has a new Creative Auto mode and a quick control screen that helps novice users narrow the gap between fully automatic and manual control. Frequently changed settings like flash, exposure compensation, image quality and more are all accessible through one easy screen interface designed for intuitive, quick action.
The Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR camera will be available in October and sold in a body-only configuration with an estimated selling price of $1,399
Canon EOS 50D Features
- 15.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- 6.3fps continuous shooting, max. burst 90 JPEGs with UDMA card
- DIGIC 4 processor
- ISO 100-3200, expandable to 12800
- 9-point wide area AF
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA)
- Enhanced Live View shooting includes Face Detection Live mode.
- Magnesium alloy body, with environmental protection
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) output for displaying full high-resolution images on a High Definition TV
- Full compatibility with Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites