The Ricoh G600 is a new 10.0 megapixel compact, tough point and shoot digital camera which is water and dust resistant as well as shock resistant making it an ideal camera for hard outdoor use.
The G600 features a 28 mm wide angle 5x optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent), a powerful flash with effective range of up to 10m and ISO3200 sensitivity, 1cm macro focusing distance, high-definition and high-luminance 2.7-inch LCD display (230,000 pixel), all wrapped in a shock absorbing robust body able to withstand falls from 1.5m and even take pictures underwater at depths of up to about 1m.
Ricoh G600 Press Release
Ricoh Introduces the G600
Small but tough. A lightweight shock resistant, water and dust proof point and shoot that punches above its weight .
April 22, 2008, Tokyo—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) has launched the G600, a new water and dust proof shock resistant digital camera added to the popular Caplio 500G Wide series (launched in May 2006) .
Ready for the summer season this light-weight compact stands-up to the toughest of tests. Capable of surviving falls onto 26 surfaces, a dunk in water, sand and sub zero temperatures, the G600 continues to provide the same strong set of features as its predecessor, superb optics and advanced imaging technologies to deliver the intended result no matter what the environment .
Main Features of the G600
Superior water and dust resistance plus even greater shock resistance make the G600 ideal for hard outdoor use.
- A shock absorbing structure and stronger camera cone create a robust body able to withstand falls from 1.5m onto 26 surfaces; in compliance with US Department of Defense “MIL Standard 810F” (previous models withstood 1.0m). Never fear the G600 can cope with roughest of handling.
- The G600 boasts the same impressive water resistance as its predecessor’s, surpassing JIS protection grade 7 performance. Besides taking pictures in the rain, it can even take pictures underwater at depths of up to about 1m.
- Dust resistance satisfies JIS protection grade 6 due to its completely airtight construction. Pictures can be taken in the most extreme environments, at the beach for example, where there are high concentrations of sand or dust – if it gets dirty simply wash it off in the sea and fire away. As well as water sports, skiing, and other adventurous activities.
- The skillful placement of large tactile buttons and contoured rubber handgrip make for easy operation with gloves even at freeze-proof temperatures as low as -10°C.
Powerful flash with effective range of up to 10m and ISO3200 sensitivity for low-light photography.
- The flash has a better than average effective range of up to 10m for wide-angle and 6.5m for telephoto shots.
- The new ISO3200 capability expands the range of scenes that can be photographed (previous model’s maximum sensitivity was ISO1600) and an accessory shoe where an external flash can be attached.
- A large, high-definition and high-luminance 2.7-inch LCD display is included. This enables accurate photography by making the picture display easier to see outdoors. Additionally a light sensor has been installed so that picture display brightness can be automatically adjusted based on ambient light level.
- Compact body size of 116.5mm (W) × 68.0mm (H) × 32.0mm (D) and weighing in at just 260g* when in use. (Previous model 133.05mm (W) × 78.5mm (H) × 74.0mm (D); weight in use approx. 450g.）* Weight including the rechargeable battery, SD memory card, and neck strap supplied.
- The smooth flat design uses a non-protruding inner-zoom lens mechanism so that the 5 x optical zoom lens does not extend out from the body regardless of whether the power is on or off.
- For extra portability the supplied two-point neck strap can be attached to the camera body, either horizontally or vertically, making it easy to store the camera in a shirt or jacket breast pocket while the strap is still around your neck.
A 28-140mm wide-zoom lens on a water- and dust-resistant digital camera.
- The wide-zoom lens, equivalent to 28-140mm, has been popular on other models.
- Capable of capturing mountain vista’s and groups of people in well confined area’s, the 28mm wide 5x optical zoom can reach subjects not possible to shoot from close by.
- Amazing macro mode gets as close as 1cm from the subject where a whole new world awaits.
- For even wider shots, there is an optional wide conversion lens equivalent to 22mm.
- Size 37mm screw-type filters can also be attached.
- Three way power source. The large-capacity lithium ion battery provided with the camera gives long battery life for approximately 360 shots (CIPA standard). If the battery runs out, readily-available AAA-size batteries can be used instead, and an optional AC adapter, so three different power sources are available.
- When the camera is connected to a personal computer via a USB cable, it is recognized as an external storage device, so images in the camera can be transferred to the computer without using special software. Full-automatic transfer is also available with the special software. • The high-quality CCD has an effective 10 million pixels.
- Skew correction mode can modify photographs taken at an angle so that they look as if they were shot from the front. This is a powerful tool for various situations, such as images shot for travel timetables, maps and display boards.
- The G600 is compliant with the PictBridge standard that allows direct connection to a printer without routing through a personal computer. More diverse printing is possible, such as printing on forms registered in the printer, when connected to Ricoh’s high-speed color laser printers and MFP*.
* For further details ,Please contact your local Ricoh dealer.
- An edit check function detects for image data tampering.
- This increases the reliability of the data when digital photographic images are submitted as corroborative evidence.